Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ya' furry animal!

(Bear in mind this that this week I'm house-sitting a tremendously large house out in the middle of nowhere, taking care of three dogs, and working a 7-4 schedule this week. I'm out of it.)

I saw my Assistant Vice President of Human Resources (we'll call her AVP) walking in the building this morning when I went downstairs to grab a bite of breakfast. I noticed she was wearing a nice coat with fur around the edges and neck and wanted to politely comment on it. Instead I insinuated she's an animal. Here's how the conversation went. The comments to AVP are not paraphrased nor summarized in the least.

Eyes to brain: "Hey, she's wearing a fur coat! She must be rich!"

Brain to eyes: "It's not a fur coat, you idiots...it's a coat with fur. And she's not rich. She works for your company, remember?"

Eyes to brain: "Yeah whatever...not important. We should say something to her!"

Brain: "Say something, roger that. Great idea. Mouth, you copy?"

Mouth to brain: "Standing by for orders, sir."

Brain to mouth: "Commence with 'Nice coat, AVP!'"

Mouth to brain: "'Nice coat, AVP!' Roger that."

Mouth to AVP: "Well you look furry today!"

AVP to idiot: "Oh, my...."

Brain to self: "Ohhhh FFfffffilth. Why do I gotta be stuck with these morons..."

The good - I'm not fired.
The bad - I opened my mouth in the morning w/o enough coffee.

The irony of this all is I was so out of it this morning that I forgot to shave, so if anyone was looking furry, it was me.

No comments: