Sunday, January 28, 2007

Computing from home

I've been house-sitting for the past 9 days. Three dogs and a huge house out in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully this explains my relative computing absence...I've been on the various messenger services but that's really all to speak of. Part of the reason why is the extra responsibilities and different schedule. There are two other factors that led to it, though...

- Different desk/chair/peripherals. I've posted before about how much i like my computer chair. I work hard to get it just the right amount of lean and give, and my body's rather adjusted to it. So not only did I not have my normal computer chair, but the one they had has NO LEAN! Terrible. Absolutely terrible. Plus I didn't have my printer, webcam, camera, speakers, or card reader.

- No TV in the room. For the past 5 years and for 9 of the past ten years I've had a TV in the same room as my computer. I've gotten so used to it that it feels weird to be on a computer at home without it. Of course this means that any computer room or office I have in the future has to have a TV in it.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can use this to get a TV in my office at work???

No comments: