Thursday, January 11, 2007

One million a week?

That's just about what David Beckham is going to make for the next five years...FIVE YEARS!...playing socker for the LA Galaxy in MLS. Nearly one million dollars a week.

$250 million over five years.

Are you kidding me?

That man makes more in one DAY than I do in two years. That's right. It would take me 730 days to make what he does in one. I can sincerely say that I'm not jealous...I'm really not. Money would be cool to spend if I had it, but I've never been one to be jealous of money, be it $5 or $500M. But what I can't do is wrap my mind around that figure. It's just so much money so fast. What the heck do you do with that much money?

It boggles and fascinates my mind almost as much as infinity, women, the human mind, and childbirth.

No comments: