Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 - A year of possibilities

The year has already started off bittersweet, ranging from a fabulously lazy New Year's Day with some very interesting and possibly hopeful news, to a far less than stellar January 2 with some news that was probably inevitable at some point but doesn't make it easier to swallow. It only goes to emphasize my point that this year is a year of possibilities. I knew that 2006 was going to be mediocre at best...it just didn't have the gumption, mettle, or makeup to be anything more, and it didn't disappoint. This year, though....this year is different. I start a new position at work in a new department to me and I get a new place to live to start off the year. I'll get to hire a new lead to help raise up. My team could win the national championship and finish a 13-0 season, and I'll be lucky enough to get to see it. I'm going to Vegas for the SuperBowl, and maybe even the UFC fights. I'm going to a convention in Long Beach with my old college buddy and some other good friends, and will mark the first true, non-convention-working vacation I've had away from home with friends in a long time. This could be an outstanding year...

Or it all could blow up in my face.

The point is there's a lot of exciting stuff on the horizon, but a lot of it could go terribly awry. While the outcome of many events and situations can be pontificated and debated for a while, what's undeniably clear is that this year is by far a year of possibilities. I'll do what I can to make the most of them.

Here's to hoping that 2007 goes from the year of possibilities to the year of ridiculous success and enjoyment. For all of us.

No comments: