Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sleeping in your own mess...except not

I'm house-sitting right now for my mom's boss and taking care of their three dogs. This morning at 2:35 I woke up to noises one of the dogs was making. Now, if it was just barking or something like that, no big deal. Wake up, figure out the sound, be pissed that an idiot dog woke me up, go back to bed. Done deal in a few minutes.

This wasn't so simple. Reno was next to my face making constant licking sounds that seemed familiar but I thought he was just being weird and tried to push him away. At that moment, though, came the tell-tale gurgles and I knew to dive out of the way. Super. Doggie vomit all over the $3000 tempurpedic mattress. So I get to be up trying to spot and wash sheets and bedspreads. The thing is, the main spot he hit is directly over where my chest is so if I don't spot it and clean it as best I can WITHOUT using chemicals on the special non-washable tempurpedic mattress cover, I get to sleep in his mess.

I was not upset at the dog for this. Sometimes they get sick, not a big deal. I went to bed pretty early last night (and it kills me to say "last night" at around 4:30), though, because I didn't sleep much at all the night before, and I only got a little over four hours from take 2.

I guess this is kinda what having kids is like.

WHEEEEE!!!!!

I gotta go check the washer. It sounds like it's about ready for liftoff for some reason.

EDIT: Apparently their washer is equipped with a 1400 horsepower Rolls Royce jet turbine for the spin cycle (or some other outrageously powerful motor that would actually fit into a washer). Maytag doesn't skimp on quality, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On the plus side, I bet that mattress is super comfy sans doggie yak.