Thursday, January 11, 2007

The move

Soon I'll be moving back into my own apartment. I've been chompin at the bit for months and it's a miracle that mom and I haven't killed one another (although I think I've attempted it in my sleep a couple times). I'm glad that I've been able to help out with my dad and stuff, but man, it's way long overdue that it's time for me to go.

I'll stay here until their anniversary. After that, I'm out of here as soon as I can be. There are some good apartment buys in the area I want so it happens to work out well right now.

As much as I look forward to being out of here and being closer to friends , there's one thing I don't look forward to.

I'm absolutely positively not looking forward to being alone again. I've done it before and survived, just really didn't like it. It's the silent solitude that gets me. I can turn on the TV but you can't fool your mind - it knows it's just the TV and not a real person. I can put a pillow or blankets on the other side of my bed to make it more full, but your mind knows it's just stuffing. It's what makes falling asleep a most uncomfortable proposition. Not sleep, mind you...just the process of getting there.

Oh well, I'll deal. I still utterly and completely look forward to being in my own place again. I'll just be one ridiculously tired dork.

No comments: