Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sorry all...it's just work

I've been totally neglecting my blogging for some time now as work has been sapping the energy out of me, and by the time I get home I largely just haven't given too hoots about much of anything.

Totally blah to the max!

Okay, so now that the 80's time warp has passed (what the heck didI just say???), here's a synopsis of the past couple of weeks:

I cancelled my vacation so I could manage my team through the four halves of two seperate projects we were piloting at the same time. What ended up happening, though, is only one of the four halves was actually implimented while the two project managers went on vacation.

The Auditing dep't. started our sales incentive audit, and boy howdy did we bomb it....baaaaaadly. Oh, so badly. I did receive a commendation from the VP of Auditing, though, for being the only guy there that could actually help with issues. And all of my incentive payouts were accurate.

Through an unusual series of circumstances I became the most senior supervisor in the department.

Each supervisor has a lead representative to help them manage their team and develop them into leaders and future management. My lead was recently promoted to supervisor and is now my peer. Not only that, she was the unanimous favorite, and simply blew the other candidates away.

Our workforce supervisor's been out of the office for various reasons, and I happen to know how to interact w/the workforce system and data. I stepped in to save the day.

Noticing a pattern here?

So I've decided I'm going to get a raise to the tune of 20-25%. That's quite a bit, yes, but I'm no longer your average bear, I've proven myself head and shoulders above the rest of my peers, all of my peers have been in position (and largely in company) less than seven months, the state unemployment rate remains near to 3% yet we continue to be in the top three contact center markets in the nation. All of that works to my favor. I've informed my boss of this so he's well aware, and I've actually got another vice-president angleing to steal me away from him and essentially build a second contact center in the credit union - it would be mad hours like now, but the pay would definitely be there, and probably months sooner than what can be arranged where I'm currently at. So while the decision of stay vs. go isn't yet made, the decision of make more vs. not is definitely made - they only part about that in the air is will I start making that in one month or four.

So sorry about my lack of attention. It's just work. Back to my regularly scheduled blogging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's alive!

I may someday forgive you for your absense. (2-4% of your raise will speed up the process.)

- Enrique

Anonymous said...

I was starting to feel like a blog stalker.

Oh, and if you do receive that massive raise, send a few percents down here instead of a margarita!

;)