Monday, October 16, 2006

Who's the boss? I'm the boss!

Man, that just sounds weird.

Boss.

Me? Are you kidding me? A boss? I'm the idiot with a Nerf dart gun in his desk, a beach scene with real sand and sand castle on top, and little Marine Corps men all around. I'm not a boss. My title doesn't say Manager. Not yet, at least.

But my team didn't get that memo and decided to play a bit of a practical joke on me for Boss's day. While I was in a meeting they moved my desk. Completely. Everything on it, they moved to an empty sup's desk. It was a pretty good stunt, and I was honored that they would appreciate me enough to do something like that.

But me? A boss? They pay me a compliment by saying as much and acting like I'm their boss, but it just feels weird. It would be kinda like saying I was the boss as a teacher - sure, I run the class as I see fit, but the boss is the principal.

Just the same, I was thankful. I'm thankful my team, even though they call me boss, still knows me well enough and felt comfortable enough to play a joke on me as my gift and know it would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping there'd be news about Alyssa Milano in this post. )=

- Enrique