Sunday, November 26, 2006

Crushes

I've had a crush on Drew Barrymore since I was four years old. ET. "Mom, who's that? She's cuuuuute!"

Yup, nothin' like seein' a cutie with an alien to make you fall in love. Heh...

Anywho, I've crushed on her from that moment. Yeah, she's had her skankier moments, but she grew up and calmed down, and now she's just cute with a side of weird. I realized today, though, that I have a second starlet crush, and have since at least 1995 - Alicia Silverstone. I don't remember exactly when this one developed, but I do remember her in Clueless. She's not the most talented actress, but she IS cuuuuute!

If most any star - sports, stage, or screen - were to suddenly appear in front of me, it'd be cool but I could at least keep my composure. If either of those two gals suddenly appeared in front of me, I'd be four years old again, wide-eyed and mouth hanging open, and without a recognizable vocabulary.

No comments: