Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why I love In N Out Burger

I went to In N Out Burger for lunch for the second time this week (yes, Greg, you can drool...or hate me, whichever you prefer). Some people think that's stupid. If you don't like the food, fine. I can accept that you're an alien. But if you do like the food and you're going to buy fast food, why WOULDN'T you go multiple times in a week? I got to thinking why I like them so much...here's what I come up with.

5. Cool cars. Corvettes and Cobras. Raw American musclecar power.

5A. Their secret menu. Being able to order something animal style or ask for a 4x4 and know what that means makes me feel like a secret agent...the 007 of the lunch world. Knowing secrets is good!

4. Cleanliness. I have yet to go into In N Out where there wasn't at least one person cleaning something. Now, granted, if you go in the middle of the lunch rush you're gonna find some dirty tables...they work quickly, but not at light speed. Still, they run a pretty tight ship there.

3. Value and price. Put their meals up against the meals at any other fast food burger joint and they're highly competitive. You get plenty of food and it's made to order.

T-1. Service. The employees get paid quite well, and for that wage they expect the best service fast food has to offer. The employees deliver. They don't have customers - they have guests, and they greet every guest that walks in the door. If you ask them how they're doing, they'll tell you and thank you for asking. They say please and thank you for everything. They work their tails off to make things right for you. And, most importantly, they never....EVER....get my order wrong. Ever.

T-1. Quality. Fresh food, never frozen. You can watch them make their fries from real potatoes. The slice the tomatoes and lettuce right in front of you. It's real beef pattied right in front of you. Fries made to order - even a little well done if you want that. Shakes that are the yum. They make four things - hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, and shakes (Coke makes the soda ;-) ). Simple yet delightfully tasty.

Top to bottom, they've got the right idea. I like their work ethic, and I like their food. They've earned a lifelong supporter!

No comments: