Tuesday, November 28, 2006

AHHH HORSE MANURE!

My hit counter disappeared. I went to the statistics site and this is the message that awaited me...

*sigh*

***

Our apologies

If you are viewing this page now, we regret to inform you that the hit counter and statistical data for your account here have been lost. To continue using our service, you'll need to (1.) re-register/create a new account (below), and (2.) re-install the NEW counter code provided onto your site page(s).

Last week, PrecisionCounter experienced a major failure of the database which stores our account and statistical data. Basically, everything that could go wrong - did. We had originally designed our systems so that if our primary database were to ever fail (which it never has before) we would be able to restore service from a backup database within a few minutes. However, something also failed with the backup routines, and we discovered the backup data was corrupted and unrecoverable.

In the past year, PrecisionCounter has become a top provider of FREE traffic counters and site statistics - thanks completely to you, our customers. We'd also like to thank you in advance, for taking a few moments to create your replacement account and re-installing the new counter code on your page(s) so we may continue to serve you!

Best regards,
PrecisionCounter.com

***

Whaddaya want for free (answer: everything)?

My lowly little site had received 520 hits before I saw this message. I guess I start from zero again. Zero just isn't as sexy as 520 (not that 520 is all that sexy, but I'll take all the sexy I can get).

So for those of you that have visited before, thanks for your support and your continued readership. Looking forward to rebuilding...

EDIT: Suh-weet! Looks like I can at least choose my starting point!!!! Hail the resurrection of sexy!!!!

No comments: