Monday, July 31, 2006

Your mom got me fired

I like the "your mom" jokes. There' s a certain talent that's required to make them work right (your mom has a certain talent that she works right...). Many of them are hilarious! And generally that's how you know someone's a friend - if you can bust a "your mom" joke on them and they're not offended, you're probablly on pretty good terms .

In any case, having hung around The Company's remnants, splinters, and survivors for some years now, my brain has been trained to subconsciously scan for "your mom" opportunities and comment when such opportunities when detected. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it works when you *really* don't want it to. An employee of mine said, "Man, that eggroll was good!" My brain wanted to respond, "Man, your mom was good!" Fortunately another part of my brain intercepted the message before it got to the ol' vocal cords and saved me from getting fired.

THAT would have been sad. Funny....but sad.

(Yes, I'm sure this post is riddled with "your mom" joke opportunities. I'm okay with that.)

1 comment:

Hayden said...

I feel your pain. My friend sent me a great movie link (below) that shows how it's even infected WoW. Enjoy:

Movie Link