Thursday, July 20, 2006

Preview Day and Day 1

Notes from Preview Day/Day 1:

- As soon as I get to the hotel and walk in the lobby, sixteen 16-year olds walk out of the elevator and attempt to count off to 16 to take roll - a task that turns out to be significantly more difficult than what it ought be. Evidently girl #14 was running late but it took them three times of counting up to 13 before they finally realized that A) 15 does NOT come directly after 13 and B) 14 was missing. Evidently it' a girl's club soccer team, not an Academic Decathalon team.

- I go to check in and they tell me I don't actually arrive until tomorrow, which I find rather comical seeing as how my mere presence proves them incorrect. This would prove not to be the last of the hotel bumblings.

- I decided to actually go to preview day rather than wait 3 hours for everyone at the hotel. I kinda wished I'd just waited, as even Preview Day was packed. I was sad.

- The hotel told me they were going to charge me $15 if I wanted to park in their parking lot. I hear that parking on the street right outside the parking lot, however, is free. I'm going with that plan.

- Greg was able to use the words "dongle" and "weewee" in sentences without having either of them refer to a penis in any way, or so he claims.

- After preview day ended we all walked to Seaport Village for eats. The problem with that plan is the majority of Seaport Village closes their grills at 9:45. We got there at 9:48. So the folks decided that hot dogs were the best idea at the time. Greg and I, however, opt for the In N' Out approach. We win.

- Seaport Village at night still kicks ass! What am I talking about...Seaport Village any time of day kicks ass! San Diego kicks ass! *Contemplates not coming back home and quitting work...*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please pass long hugs and kisses for me. (=

- Enrique