Monday, July 17, 2006

Sometimes you get the tiger...

...and sometimes the tiger gets you. Last week I felt like the tiger caught me, mauled me, skinned me, ripped my limbs off, beat my torso with them, then devoured me. Reviews are due. A new sales database is set to roll out to the staff. Other projects are going on. I'm prepping to leave for San Diego. Oh yeah, plus my team has their normal needs I should be attending to. I've been pulling long weeks for a while now and hadn't had a weekend for just relaxing/fun in too long.

I should have done some work this weekend, but the thought of such activity made me cringe for fear of Le Tigre. So, I said to myself, "F it. F work. I'm having fun."

Cheesecake Factory and a bad movie with a lovely lady for lunch; boxing matches and drinks with an old friend for dinner; and games and movies all day long on Sunday, just chillin'.

Take that, tiger. Take that.

And yes, I'm posting at work and I don't care (one final thumb towards work before I become productive again).

No comments: