Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Truly fitting

When I was in high school I weighed, at most, 140. And that was after a whole summer of doing nothing but hitting the weights, swimming, and eating grilled meats. I was toned like all get-out and was one of the strongest people in my weight class that I knew, particularly when it came to core strength, but I just couldn't put on pounds. Now flash a gaze at my friends and you'll notice that they're all double my weight and strength. I played defensive back...they were linemen and linebackers. They looked intimidating on their own...I looked intimidating like a toothpick.

In any case, we'd go to parties a lot and I was always the designated driver. As frequently happened at high school drinking parties with football players and egos, fights broke out. Now I was scrawny but I wasn't about to let my friends down and run out, so I devised a way I could assist. Right as it looked like someone was about to lay a punch on one of my buds, I'd interupt them with some kind of random loud shout, then toss out some screwball, off the wall line. Even louder. Something like, "GOAT CHEESE WRAPPED IN FLAGS IS GREAT FOR LACTATING BITCHES!"

(I read the phrase "lactating bitches" on the back of a dog food container once.)

The outburst would typically delay the attacker just long enough for my friend(s) to either run or throw a punch of their own, and thus my toothpicked existence was justified in the fight zone.

Enter 2007.

After seeing this on Shocho's blog I decided to do it myself with my general user name, Bygood. Low and behold...

What Is Your Battle Cry?

Striding through the hotel lobby, carrying buzzsaw hand extensions, cometh Bygood! And he gives a spectacular roar:

"By Odin's mighty spear, man, that's some good coffee!"

Find out!
Enter username:
Are you a girl, or a guy ?

created by beatings : powered by monkeys



That's definitely me on three levels. One because of the coffee, two because Odin is typically a summon in my favorite video game franchise of all time, and three because I would TOTALLY say something like that in a fight!

For what it's worth, here's the quote for my MMO character name, Shade:

What Is Your Battle Cry?

Running along the terrain, cutting down all who dare stand in the way using buzzsaw hand extensions, cometh Shade! And he gives a gutteral cry:

"I'm going to pummel you until the cops have to tear me off your wraithly spirit!!"

Find out!
Enter username:
Are you a girl, or a guy ?

created by beatings : powered by monkeys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch how my foe cowers in fear as I yell... GO BLUE!!! (=

- Enrique