Monday, May 21, 2007

No thanks

Pregnancy and child birth is a hot topic in my wing of the work universe right now. One person just came back from leave and we've got a couple more that will be taking leave in the forseeable future. So yeah...much talk about babies right now, which is bad for me since childbirth is something of a mild phobia of mine.

All the sudden I hear this question, "So are you gonna put the delivery on a webcam?"

Uh...wut?

I realize we're in the YouTube/VOD generation but are you kidding me??? If I ever have a child, I don't even want to see it being born (I'll be with the mother, don't get me wrong, but I'ma be focusin' on her and breathing and contractions and all that stuff...not the stuff below the equator), let alone someone else's child being born. Now I realize that the desire may be to have out-of-town friends and family be able to "share the moment" and that's cool - uh, I guess - but there's a huge difference between sharing a moment and sharing the insides of your child's mother.

There's plenty of human birth's on the Discovery Channel. Please don't add more onto the web.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video of the conception would be MORE than enough. (=

- Enrique