Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hodgepodge Reloaded

- Imagine how awkward it is to tell someone at his own birthday party in his own house that you would like him to speak more respectfully of your friends

- Nyla has a renewed interest in power cords which has left us in something of a control/power struggle. I've had to re-establish myself as the Alpha; I use a spray bottle as a disciplinary technique sometimes and the cat has found herself very wet very often this past week. I have *no* idea what I'm going to do come Christmas-time. Hopefully she's grown out of her interest by then. I have my doubts about that.

- It was 105 degrees this weekend. Wheeee!

- I don't understand Burger King. Their name says they sell "burgers," or so we're meant to assume. So why do they call their Whopper the Whopper Sandwich? If I want a sandwich I'll go to Port of Subs or Subway, thank you very much.

- Mother's Day had a very strange feeling to it this year. The folks are going through some difficult times right now, and for the first time since I was in elementary school there was some real tension present during a holiday. The difference is the last time there was tension between my folks, I was also mad at one of them. This time I'm not. Just feels *really* weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had an girlfried who's cats used to chew on the cable line. According to the man who replaced her cable, the cats "hear" the current going through the cable and decide to chase it.

I don't recall if leaving the unused cable unplugged helped or not.

- Enrique