Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Television habits

We all know I like sports. Sports, sports, sports. At one point my TV was tuned into one of our four major sports networks for three months straight.

My love of sports stations was temporarily interrupted when I moved into the apartment while I enjoyed the many blessings of HBO and Cinemax. I'm starting to get over my love affair with those fine collections of channels and shows, though, and have mostly returned to sports.

Mostly.

There *are* a few shows that I like to watch that aren't sports-related. Here are some of my recent watches...

- House. Probably my favorite show on TV that doesn't involve a football. The dialogue is well-written and Hugh Laurie does a phenomenal job. The lady doctor in the differential is pretty hot to boot. I love the sarcasm, and House is the tragic hero we viewers tend to have a love/hate relationship with. I've always had an affinity for characters like that. Another similar character from literature is Sydney from A Tale of Two Cities. I wish I had their minds sometimes. I'm no dummy and I'm certainly crafty when I want/need to be, but they have a type of cunning that escapes me.

- Gilmore Girls. Yes, I like this show. I haven't watched for years because I didn't like how it was going after Rory went off to college. I still think...no, I know that she would have been better off with Jesse but the actor left in search for better paying gigs, so oh well. In the end he probably found it in Heroes. In any case, one of my other beefs is that Loralei and Luke are supposed to be together but she got back with Rory's father instead. Married the bastard, even, so I was mad. But she's ditched him again (I have no idea why) and tonight she kissed Luke. Amy Sherman-Palladino said she's going to give the audience a finale to remember...if the studio lets her (she's no longer a writer for the show, even though she created it and wrote it for years...the better years).

- Bones. I see some of myself in the lead male character, and I could see myself being attracted to the lead lady character...and her as a person because she's pretty hot, too. I saw a brief shot of them in wedding clothes on the alter in a commercial but I'm sure it's just a tease. I don't know that they'll ever get married, but they better be together at some point prior to the show being over or I'll be ticked off. Oh, and the lead guy also played a vampire human...what's not to like about that when you're a fan of vampires and you've seen stories in your mind about an angelic vampire human you created?

Oh, and Loralei is pretty hot, too. And she plays a pretty good game of hold'em to boot.

No comments: