Sunday, September 11, 2005

A rough weekend

Well, lets see.

Peoria (my old h/s football team) lost in the fourth.
Arizona State lost in the fourth.
Ohio State lost in the fourth.
The Arizona Cardinals lost all day long.

The only team that lost that I *wanted* to lose was Michigan, which always brings a smile to my face. Ohio University beat Pitt, too; while I don't really care about Ohio U so much, it was a heck of a game. The ASU/LSU game was incredible, too. I was there in section 208 on the 35 yard line...much fun. I just wish whoever was calling the plays for ASU that game wasn't a certifiable moron. Larry Fitzgerald got popped somethin' fierce in the Cards game this afternoon. In fact, he got hit so hard that his helmet flew off...I'm just glad his head wasn't in it when the helmet came off.

I'm glad that football is back in full swing, make no mistake. Wish a few more of the games would have gone my way, though.

I'll just take it out on my employees tomorrow :-)

4 comments:

The1GWiz said...

Gawdam that ASU game. Any ASU fan who knows this team just knew in their heart of hearts they were gonna give up the big late drive. A little Rose Bowl flashback, anyone? And YOU, with your Buckeye stuff all over the place... I can't even think about it. In fact, I'm boycotting your blog until I'm over this loss.

Unknown said...

For the record, I rooted for ASU in the 1997 Rose Bowl as they still had a shot (albeit narrow) to win the national championship. If Snyder would have stuck w/his normal defense vs. his prevent (us from winning) defense then Boston never sees the endzone that drive.

Anonymous said...

I hate football! *shoots self in the head*

Unknown said...

Bleh. I suspect that they didn't want to stick a dagger in the heart of the Katrina refugees. Good to know that at least it qualifies as "classic" status! So sad...ASU had a shot to run the table if they could get past LSU. USC still would loom large, but if they beat LSU then they wouldn't know that they aren't supposed to beat USC.