Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bliss in a chair

I tend to do a lot of work at my computer. I work at home sometimes. I talk to you all. I write articles. I do research. I sleep (there's been more than one night with QWERTY across my face). With all that, you want a comfortable chair.

I haven't been using a comfortable chair for quite some time. My butt and back have hurt a lot. I'm sure you wanted to know that.

A couple months ago I was leaning back in my perfectly comfortable chair and heard something of a crack - never a welcomed sound. In my mind, I knew that sound meant certain doom if I leaned back in my chair one more time, yet the laws of idiocracy compelled me to throw my weight backwards as I have so many times before, half expecting to lean back as normal, the other half expecting to be impaled by the steel that connects the back to the cushion.

The latter half won, sans the impaling (whew). It was a good chair... *tear* Only $50, but it lasted me years, had a great cushion, good back support, and great lean. I lean back in my chair, so that's quite important. I lean. It's what I do.

Since that fabulously awkward moment I've been using some leftover piece of crap chair that mom brought home from her old job. Barely any cushion, squeaky, strangely shaped back, and NO LEAN! I'm surprised I didn't just chuck it out the window. Just the other day I saw my chair on sale for $50 again, so I went out and snagged it. Thank goodness for machine parts! It feels just like the old one...a little firmer cushion, a little stiffer lean, but it's definitely the same chair. Who knew $50 could buy you bliss?

That's all for now. I have to get back to work. I'm leaning.

1 comment:

Dak-Ind said...

LMAO, i have a fat friend. my fat friend is a leaner. my fat friend leaned in my favorite computer chair. now i have a forty dollar clearance job from staples. it just isnt the same!