Monday, September 05, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

The college season kicked off this weekend, and a hell of a weekend of football it was. ASU kicked ass (yeah!), Ohio State kicked ass (yeah!), OU lost (yeah!), FSU won (yeah!), and Michigan won (may they all forget how to procreate). Some great plays this weekend, including NC State's double-lateral final play, even though it didn't work.

Oh, and in case you missed it, true freshman Keegan Herring, a fellow Peoria Panther, ran for over 130 yards and a TD in his first collegiate game ever, averaging over 10 yards a carry. I hear that kind of performance will win you some awards if you do it over and over again (freshman awards, not the Heisman...I don't think he's *that* good, but if he is, BONUS!).

This weekend was also draft weekend for fantasy football. I'm doing three leagues this year...two of which I have a good shot at finishing top three, the other I'll need a bit of luck as I always do. The guys in that league are all seasoned veterans, but none of them puts in the preparation like I do. Hours of calculations and formulas, hours of strategizing...it's great! Too bad the season takes 22 weeks but the draft only takes a couple hours :-(

A league can never be won in the draft, but it CAN be lost.

Ah, football! Shannon, eat your heart out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I see what you mean. I definitely wasn't refering to the Heisman award (Herring is good, but not that good...but I'd love to see him prove me wrong). More like Freshman of the Year, Pac10 awards, stuff like that. I'll edit my post. As for the OU hate...well, I'll make a new post about that. I'm not a hater of OU as much of a disliker of the Big 12.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, if I could - I think I would