Thursday, August 09, 2007

If Elvis wasn't dead yet, he is now

I was debating on whether or not to watch the pre-season game today. On one hand, it's football, but it's it's still pre-season football. Miss-the-first-ten-minutes-and miss-the-game type stuff. I finally turned it on with about ten minutes left in the fourth quarter, just in time to see Indianapolis' struggling back-up offensive unit chuck an interception to the Cowboys.

Neet. What a game. 23-3, Cowboys.

As I'm reaching for the remote I see this commercial come on with a band covering the song "Viva Las Vegas," or so I think. Sounds like it. Words are for it. Right up until the point where it isn't.

"Viva....

"VIVA....

"VIIIIAGRAAAAA!!!"

Ughhh!!!! They totally just gave Vegas a penile enhancement (as if it was necessary). If Elvis really was alive somewhere, this commercial just gave him a heart attack.

Not even five minutes of television and I see two bad products. I knew I should have trusted my gut on this one. Oh well. Bring on the fantasy draft!!!

No comments: