Monday, August 06, 2007

The FGF

This was a pretty good weekend. No beach. No vacation. No frills at all, really. Just a pretty good weekend...in fact, the only thing keeping it from being a great weekend was the fact that my recently replaced brake shoes were defective and wreacked a little havoc on my passenger side drum.

Friday night - Applebees, The Italian Job, and Three Musketeers

Saturday - Car tweakage, Big, car cleanage (for free), Red Lobster, Barnes & Noble, and a massage

Sunday - Church, Kingdom Hearts, dinner at the folks' place

See? Nothing overly exciting. What made it very-nearly-great, though, was the infusuion of girlfriend 2k7. It's been a few years since I've spent an entire weekend with my significant other, and while I wouldn't necessarily want to do it like that every weekend - lets face it, things like poker nights, UFC nights, etc are important - it was definitely a welcomed change of pace from the previous few months.

One of my fellow bloggers refers to his significant other (spouse, in his case) in his blog entries as LWC - aka Lovely Wife Cheryl. My Nemesis refers to her significant other as "the fabulous boyfriend." So, in honor of my significant other along with my friends in the blogosphere, Abby shall genrerally be known as the FGF - the fabulous girlfriend - who helps make weekends great.

Now if I can just get some non-defective brake shoes...

3 comments:

EJ said...

"FGF" So it have been proclaim, so it shall be...

The Italian Job, and Three Musketeers

Which versions?

I like the new Italian Job better than the original. I've always liked the Gene Kelly version the best.

EJ said...

*proclaimed...

Unknown said...

New Italian Job, Keifer Sutherland version of Three Musketeers. It's like 24 but medieval style.

(Even Disney recognizes Jack's skills...)