Sunday, April 23, 2006

Edmund Dantes Reincarnate

V is for rock on!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to The Count of Monte Cristo and V is for Vendeta. I finally went and saw the movie and it more than lived up to my expectations. For those that might not have seen it I'll not divludge much of the plot, other than if you mix The Count with 1984 you've got a nice little summary.

And they just happen to be two of my favourite books!

Edmund is one of my favorite characters, if not my single favourite, in all the literature I've seen. I can only aspire to have the same skills to the same degree as he. It was great to see him in a new fresh setting.

The price of admission to see Edmund, however...now that's a different story. Nine dollars. Nine friggin' dollars to see a movie. Given the price of gas right now, that makes this summer's movie viewing a little more difficult since I won't be shelling out that much money each week to see a new one. Maybe I'll finally invest in a Netflix dealio.

And Reese's pieces. My favourite movie-watchin' treat!

No comments: