Friday, April 14, 2006

All systems go...sorta

So work's been two steps shy of hell this week and of the 58 hours we were open this week, I was there for 54 of them. I could go in tomorrow morning and help but, given that this is my only reprieve, I doubt I'm going to. Fortunately by the end of this week they brought all the systems back up to about 80% capacity in the disaster recovery center but the backlog of work was a bit overwhelming.

It turns out that when you mess with people's money and tell them they can't have so much of it, they get a little miffed (read as: "I'LL KILL YOU IF I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!!"). I still like my job, stressful as it's been, and they really do a good job of keeping morale up in these mosts stressfull of situations. Lots of food. Free massages. Grab bags-o-fun (no moms included, though). Little things that go a long way in keeping the nasties at bay. Plus I was surrounded by some great people...a great team of supervisors that I work with, great employees that were quick to pitch in and lend a hand, and co-workers that happen to also be friends, confidantes, and loved ones. It doesn't get much better than that.

I didn't exactly finish it well, though, and yelled at someone I care about just before I left. That's not like me. I wish I hadn't done that. Not fun.

No comments: