Saturday, August 27, 2005

It doesn't take a lot...

I don't need a lot to be happy.

I've had money, I've been poor. I've been all over this nation, more than half of the fifty states in fact. I've been in freezing cold and heat that's made me practically pass out. I've been hurt deeply and loved dearly, and returned those feelings in kind. I've lived on my own, and I've lived in the same room with 87 brothers. I've slept on everything from the dryest dirt to the plushest mattresses, and tasted food from a can as well as in a room lined with gold. I've labored hard and vacationed harder, worked and relaxed. I've participated in sports of all kinds, both playing and watching, and enjoy a good video game or card game just as much.

I've been in all sorts of situations in life, and frankly, there's not a lot of difference between the best of them and the worst.

Nope, not much at all.

There is, however, one variable on this earth I've found that can turn a moment from regretable to unforgetable...from horrendous to absolutely sublime - having someone I care about there to share those moments with.

May we all find someone to share moments with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is funny.