Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Immigration by cannon

Do we really need this?

For those too lazy to look at he article, they fired a guy out of a cannon across the US/Mexico border at Tijuana into a net. This scares me somewhat. We have a hard enough time controling immigration through the border crossing areas, now we have to deal with human cannons? Now, I realize that this guy was legal and all, but still, I can see the little light bulbs turing on in the minds of Mexicans everywhere. Or an entrapeneuer going down there with his cannon telling folks, "Sure, I set up a net on the other side. Yeah, that's it."

Flinging Mexicans. It's kinda funny when I think about it.

*BOOM*

"Ayyuudameee!"

In the article they call it "art." I disagree. Art would be us firing the illegals back :-)

(Being from a border state, I'm a huge fan of legal immigration but I absolutely hate the illegal stuff. While I certainly don't seriously think the idea of launching Mexicans over a fence is right nor humane, something must be done to curtail the flow of illegal immigrants into the state/nation and punish those who are caught).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You think strangely. Hello! Our founding fathers were immigrants! If we follow our blood lines all the way back to 1500, somewhere else. Indians are the true "Americans" and we have always been the immigrant. So forgive me if I don't find a bit of humor or agree with your views.