Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Entry The First

Well, let me start by saying that I hate this. I hate making web pages and I hate posting to them. But the webpage basically seemed to build itself, and the posting/creation of it basically falls under the "everybody else is doing it" category. Regardless, it's built. Here is my blog in all of its glory - or lack thereof.

On the flipside of that coin, I love communicating and this appears a pretty easy way to do it. Seems to be an easy way to chronicle ones' life, like an anti-diary of sorts...all your personal, private thoughts conveniently bundled so that everyone in the world can read them.

The name of the blog, sadly, comes from work. My company purchased the license to a customer service training program that offers a personality test very similar to the DiSC system, and it turns out that it thinks I'm a Controller. I prefer order and justice, make decisions based on facts, not easily swayed by emotionally-based rhetoric, and prefer stability to recognition. I guess that largely makes sense. I was a supreme court justice in Boys State, an R.A. in college, a coach in college and beyond, and now a high-level CCG judge. The name of the site is more lighthearted, stemming from my love of the Final Fantasy series, and my hope that before I die I'll get to live one final fantasy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a freak! I love it. Just when I think I might possibly have you figured out in the tiniest sense, I have to start from scratch.