Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ugh!

The one thing I've asked for since 5th grade from significant others, parents, coaches, teachers, friends...everyone...is open, honest, straightforward communication. Especially if I'm doing something wrong and need to improve...I can't do anything about a shortcoming if I'm unaware of it. Yes, sometimes the truth hurts, but if it does then it hurts for a reason and it's generally much easier to deal with. It may hurt worse initially...maybe even a lot worse...but you can work through it and move on.

Because when someone promotes one story and lets you believe it only to tell you the truth later...THAT's far worse.

Don't get me wrong - even in those situations I still want the truth, but getting the real story at that point hurts worse and typically there's more damage done. Oh well, life goes on.

I'd been working on meeting up with this gal for a few weeks now but things kept coming up. Transportation, work, whatever. Tomorrow it was finally gonna work out, but then I get a message last night saying the reason I've been avoiding lunch with you is because I actually met someone before you and have been dating him.

She's dating someone. That I have no problem with. BUT TELL ME UP FRONT! Why the heck would you make plans w/someone and allow them to waste their time when you know darn well it's just a farce...and then do it again...and again.

After the second attempt to meet failed I started to get the feeling that something was amiss, that it wasn't worth it. This time I wish I would have listened to that gut feeling.

Shame on me for buying your shit, Kristen. Shame on you for dealing it.

3 comments:

TMac said...

Women, can't live with um and they can't pee standing up.

BubbaJoe said...

Dude, sounds like you need a Vegas vacation, at Ballys, on or around April 24-26. =)

Hayden said...

I feel your pain. Not to long ago I was privy to a "I just want to have friends right now" when in reality there was someone else. A Vegas vacation saounds good to me!