Tuesday, April 03, 2007

On Aaron and Bonds

Bonds, I hope you blow out both elbows in your next game.

Even if you break Aaron's record, I'll never recognize you as the legitimate home run king.

Do steroids increase hand-eye coordination? No. But they do increase your ability to jack a ball out of the park, ass.

Oh, and Barry Zito, you might need to brush up on your Bonds history. In the pre-season you said you were excited to be with the Giants, in large part because you would get to share the field with such a great champion like Bonds. Champion? Ummm...not an MLB champion. He didn't even win the championship with Arizona State! High school, maybe? Certainly you don't mean home run champion!

3 comments:

BubbaJoe said...

I strongly dislike Bonds, to the point that I actively root against him. But to say that you don't acknowledge if he breaks a record is well, petty. I know you are a bigger man than that Scott.

Everyone knows that Steroids are going on in Sports. Football, Hockey, Baseball. Hell, this side of NASCAR I think all sports have a level of Steroids. But to ignore a record someone sets because he may have bent the rules is really beneath you.

I would encourage you to instead continue to state how great a player Aaron and Ruth are, and just not entertain Bonds into the discussion. But you can't deny that he hit a heck-of-a lot of home runs. It isn't like those home runs were all special effects. He actually hit them. He can have the record for all I (and anyone else) care.

But he will never be one of the greats in my book, and that would be the more responsible possition to take. IMHO.

Unknown said...

If he hits more home runs, then yes, I'll acknowledge that he hit the most home runs. As you point out, 'twould be silly not to. But what I wont do is acknowledge him as the best home run hitter ever. To me, the two best are still Aaron and Ruth. Aaron clearly hit the most (so far), and I believe did so naturally, and Ruth's HR/AB ratio combined with his total home runs figure is simply sick.

Anonymous said...

I believe if it weren't for stats, no one would care about the game of baseball. I'd rather watch a random game of women's basketball than a random MLB game (random = non-Dodger game).

Now that someone is ruining the "integrity" of the game it's revealing just how boring baseball really is. If we can't discuss stats, what interest is there in the game?

Give me a sport where the only meaningful stat at the end is the score. Last I checked, Bonds has done nothing to increase that stat for his team. Therefore I consider him a loser.

- Enrique