Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's like Tiki says

Tiki barber has this commercial where he talks about being ready for every opportunity and capitalizing on the ones you get when they arrive (don't ask what product he's pimpin...couldn't tell ya).

Anywho, tomorrow my director is meeting with our vice president to deliver our 5-year plan...our vision for the department. I've been invited to the meeting as well since I helped develop the plan. Now the plan isn't mine..it's my bosses, and any success or failure will be attributed to her. But I'll be darned if I'm not gonna make the most of my opportunity tomorrow to show my vice president why I should be promoted to manager.

I'd say to wish me luck, but luck's not part of this equation. I'm prepared. Now it's just time to execute.

No comments: