Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hate

There are times when crap happens or teams that I don't like win games and I'll say that I hate this and I hate that, but by and large I just use that as an expression. Heck, even the University of Michigan which I absolutely detest I don't really hate (F Michigan, but I don't hate'em).

In fact there are scant few things that I truly do hate. Those that I do hate, tho, tend to blend fear-evoking criminal heinousness with irrational, unexplainable thought processes. They're the kind of things that leave you wondering "Why? How could you?" but unable to find anything resembling a sufficient answer. And even if there are reasons and explanations and answers to be had, they only lead to another, even stranger, more ugly question.

I hate them. Just thinking about it this much starts to make my blood boil.

But they're also the types of things that make you realize the importance of who you have in your life, and for you all I'm grateful. I would hope to conduct myself in such a manner as to avoid even the faintest accusation of taking you for granted.

Thanks for your readership, and far more importantly, your friendship across the miles and years!

No comments: