Thursday, March 29, 2007

Nyla Stays

I've known for a week or so now that the cat would be staying. I didn't really come to this decision myself, so much. It was more or less decided for me. My boss and my peer at work suggested that I'd be keeping it, then the Office Ninja came in and sealed the deal.

So far it's worked out okay. Nyla and I have come to a reasonable arrangement. I have to work her out in the evenings before I go to bed until she's exhausted, then I get to sleep until 6:00-6:30 when she unfailingly wakes me up. I work her out with this little mouse on a string. For only $1.50, I get to sleep peacefully every night! TOTALLY worth it! She jumps like mad and is extremely agile. I've shown videos to long-time cat-owners and they're extremely wowed by her ability. I'm rather scared myself, and thankful she doesn't have opposable thumbs.

What's most unique is that she fetches. And rolls over. I'm still working on getting her to sit and wave. She knows where her food is and knows when she gets fed, and knows exactly where the treats are too. She's nearly killed me three times - once in my sleep when she was kneading my neck, and twice by getting under my feet when I'm walking. She randomly goes insane every day between 6:30am and 10:30am for about a half an hour, at which point she'll attack anything that moves, and a gamut of things that don't, including walls, corners, desks, windows, mirrors, cords, the couch, and...well, anything. I find it's best just to get out of the way at that point until the insanity passes. Oh, and socks are a must at all times now, as she does enjoy nibbling a toe. A human toe. MY toe. Dear God, kitty fangs are sharp!!!!

She loves running water. Loves it. So much so that she made the mistake of swiping at the water while i was rinsing out my razor. OOPS! She only barely scratched one of the pads of her front paws, thankfully.

She hasn't quite figured out mirrors yet, and loves to watch basketball from an upside-down perspective while laying on top of the entertainment center. Everything else she watches from the ground, but especially video games. She LOVES to watch video games.

And goes everywhere I do.

And continues to be jealous of the keyboard while I type.

But Ima keep her. Nyla Jean Goodrich.

P.S. She hates collars. Literally fights to make her head smaller until she rips them off. Not sure how I'm ever gonna take her for a walk like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cats are awesome!!!