Thursday, February 22, 2007

Teaching without teaching

I'm a good teacher. Present tense. And yes, banking is currently my profession. But I'm still a good teacher.

I found out that my alma mater is using my student teaching videos as something of a case study for "what to do," and that one of my former high school English students is now in the education program where I graduated. One of her assignments was to watch me teach. I called the school and asked them to exempt her from it since she'd already watched me for months. This was after the fact so it's not like my request had any impact (doubt that it would have had any even if it was prior to).

Then the Dean of Education asked me to give a guest lecture to the students in the College of Education sometime in March or April. Me. Guest lecturer. That's cooooool!!! In a dorky sort of way, yes, but still cool.

I'm a good teacher.

No comments: