Thursday, December 21, 2006

Congratulations...you get to pay!

My last day in the department at work is a week from Saturday so a few of the folks from my team figured they would throw a bit of a surprise get-together for me at Applebees (sans the surprise...I found out about their plans less than 6 hours after I was originally asked to go somewhere that night). I thought that was pretty cool of them.

So tonight comes and we all meet up, but evidently they *did* keep the surprise from me - I get to pay for my dinner! Surprise!!!

I don't think they did this to spite me, and I didn't want to say anything and end up making someone feel bad. I want to think that everyone thought someone else was paying. Or maybe they just aren't used to picking up the tab for someone like that. Idunno...it was cool that they at least thought of getting together. Just awkward at the end.

Heck, maybe they expected me to buy them dinner...not sure.

Eh.

No comments: