Monday, June 19, 2006

Stella and a 3" Steak

So we went to the Stockyards Restaurant yesterday - a very good but relatively unknown steakhouse - for dinner. I'd been there twice before for work lunches since it's just a 1/2 mile down the road and their lunches are very reasonable. On their menu I see a 12 oz baseball-cut top sirloin. I like me some sirloin, and the server says it's a circular cut with very little fat - woot! So I get that. Starts with bread, then comes the balsamic vinegarette salad, and then....then I see that they serve Stella Artois there (for those that don't know, it's a European-brewed beer). Now, this place has VERY Western American ambiance and is one of the last places I would have expected to serve Stella but I'm quite pleasantly surprised. So I ask for a Stella with my dinner.

Just a few minutes later, here comes my Stella and my steak...which had to be butterflied in order to cook it medium-well since otherwise it would have been a 3" spheroid!!! WTH??? It looked like someone would have taken a big ol' ice cream scooper to cut this thing! Baseball cut...no wonder. They weren't kiddin'.

Mmmm...Stella and a steak and potatoes....goooood!

And then we topped it off with white and dark chocolate mousse with raspberries.

I might not need to eat again until tonight at dinner. Still rather full.

No comments: