Friday, June 23, 2006

Making friends with Vampires


Part of the reason for the non-caffeinated post below, and hence my largely non-caffeinated entire day, was because United Blood Services was on site at work taking donations. I donate when I can but I have pretty low blood pressure and tend to be a caffeine junkie so you combine the two and it doesn't go very well. So I've been drinking all kinds of water all day yesterday and today to help the process and, let me tell you, I'm sick of water. I'm a gamer, dammit! Lack of caffeine in the blood stream would be like being a vegetarian - you might be able to live like that, but it's just not the same. Give me my soda and my chocolate-covered espresso beans!!!

Make a vampire happy. Donate blood. Look up the Red Cross or United Blood Services or any other of the friendly local vampire services in your area. It's essentially painless and effortless, costs you nothing but 30-60 minutes of your life, and it might help save someone else's. Or even your own.

No comments: