Monday, May 15, 2006

The Wisdom That Only Comes From Prescott

Not long ago I spent the day in Prescott. No good reason, really, other than the fact that the thermometer was supposed to read 102 here, and it read only 82 there. That seemed good enough for me. It had been a few years since I've been there and, while the only real cosmetic changes I noticed were the new buildings, the make-up of the town seems to have dramatically changed. While laying in the shade in the park with my ladyfriend, these are some of the tidbits of wisdom I gleaned that can only be found in Prescott.

1. It's pronounced Prescott like buscuit.

2. Standing on your head is a good way to pick up chicks...almost as good as having a dog.

3. Giving away food in the park next to a big flag with a picture of the planet Earth on it is apparently the best way to spend a Wednesday afternoon.

4. There are a LOT of hippies in Prescott!

5. The best way to grow a crop of weed is to not tell ANYBODY because if you do, chances are they'll steal it (since more than likely the one person you told also smokes weed...go figure).

6. There's a pot-smoking lesbian hippie commune in Prescott.

7. Pot-smoking lesbian hippies seem to enjoy saying "Mother Fucker" while reading poetry in the park.

8. McDonalds receipts taste the exact same as McDonalds hamburgers, which taste the exact same as everything else that McDonalds serves. I should know. One of the pot-smoking lesbian hippies told me so in her poetry. And then demonstrated en vivo.

9. "Pennies from Heaven" can evidently be very easily misread.

10. Prescott sun is still hot, but Prescott shade is WAY better than Phoenix shade.

The list goes on, but those are some of the highlights. Enjoy!

3 comments:

BubbaJoe said...

God, how I miss Prescott... seems like I spent 4 years there, and it seems like yesterday.

I wouldn't mind living there again, if it wasn't for the darned altitude.

Anonymous said...

I love just saying "Prescott". Prescott! Prescott! Prescott!

Now if only I could get them to pronouce "Skitsdale" the same. (=

- Enrique

Jason said...

You have seen the cardlink on the front page of the FMA site (in the story concerning Justin's regional)?

IOW, Arizona = hot, no matter how you slice it.