Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fatherhood

All of my guy friends in the Valley out here in AZ have kids, as do many of my lady friends. I've seen kids raised from birth to as old as 9. All have said they addored their kids and the related experiences. I've often thought that being a dad would be cool but have also been extremely scared of it. I've often called it the coolest-yet-most-terrifying experience I can imagine.

Yesterday and today I listened to many fathers tell their stories about their kids and how much they love them, and after hearing their stories, I feel the same but to an even greater degree. I'm still not dead set on having kids, but there's a part of me that thinks it would be one of the best things ever and looks forward to it. Having a family is one of those things that's out of my control, though. Can't force it...well, I guess I could, but I wouldn't.

So here's to hoping for and looking forward to two of the things that I can't make happen on my own.

Happy Father's Day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"All of my guy friends out here in AZ have kids"

Well screw you! (=

- Enrique

Unknown said...

lol!!! My bad, Kiki...should have clarified. All my guy friends in the valley =) I'll make that edit now.

BTW, how do I know that you don't have any kids? Heck, how do you know for that matter? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm saving myself for Lacey Chabert.

- Enrique