Saturday, September 30, 2006

What do you mean you're "out?"

I was up early this morning to finish working on the lawn and went to Dunkin Donuts afterwards. All the Krispy Kreme franchises out here went bankrupt so options are limited. Anywho, I drive up to the little microphone...

"I'd like 4 glazed and 2 cinnamon apple-filled, please"

(No these are not all for me...dad likes donuts, too.)

"I'm sorry, sir, but we're out."

"Pardon me?"

"We're out of glazed and cinnamon apple-filled. Would you like us to make you some?"

"No, not really. I don't want donuts so bad that I would wait in the parking lot for 20 minutes. I would, however, like to kick you in the shins repeatedly. Please walk around to my car door."

Alright, so I didn't say that last line. But I thought it VERY loudly and angrily.

Are you kidding me? OUT of glazed??? That's like a grocery store saying they're out of milk, but they've got a cow in the back if I'd like to wait. I'm already unhappy about being up earlier than I should be only to stir up my allergies again (and keep in mind I've not yet ingested my morning caffeine)...now they go and tell me they're out?

Krispy Kreme never ran out of glazed donuts. Bastards.

1 comment:

Hayden said...

This reminds me of the time my local NYC diner was out of American cheese. I stop bitching about that for days.