Sunday, September 24, 2006

Strange Weekend

So, in the course of three days...

- My team loses a fundraising penny war at work by a mere $.31 per person.
- The D-backs lose a game to a walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th.
- ASU gets tore up from the floor up.
- Michigan wins
- I went to the Cardinals game only to watch them hand St. Louis the game on a silver platter (evidently we wanted to lose it more).
- My garage door broke. I spent a good part of Saturday morning trying to fix it until I realized that the axle that drives the chain gear snapped. That I can't fix, and it's under warrantee anyway.
- I mowed the dirt in the back yard causing my allergies to somewhat erupt compared to their mildly irriated state from the day before.

And yet I still count it a good weekend. I enjoyed myself and relaxed, and I guess that's the best you can hope for. Any extra goodness beyond that is just bonus.

On a completely unrelated note, Chris Simms ruptured his spleen in the game sometime today, left for a while to vomit a bit, took an IV or two, then went back to finish the game before going to the hospital for a likely season-ending spleenectomy. Chris, you may have been a shoddy NFL quarterback, but coming back like that is all man. Or all stupid (which would still qualify as all man).

Now me, if I'm vomiting up parts of my organs, I'm likely to sit out the next series of downs. Or maybe pass out, depending on the organ.

Damn, I'm tired. I think I inhaled too much dirt and dust today (for real...mowing was awful) and my lungs are just irritated. Time for rest.

No comments: