Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What would I buy

The Powerball Jackpot is $300M+ right now. Yes, I bought a ticket. But the weird thing is that, materially speaking, I don't really have a lot of wants.

The biggest would be a little place of my own by the water - preferably the ocean, but even a sea, lake, or stream would be fine. And a Corvette to park in the garage. Of course I'd pay off all my debts and those of my family (I hardly have any family so it really wouldn't take much). And I'd pick up a few gadgets...a laptop, a new stereo, and maybe a cool little football-and-dvd-watchin' theatre system. But after that there's not really a lot that I want as far as "stuff" goes. A lot of it would probably end up in various investment accounts so that there's no shortage of living money down the road. That's no to say I couldn't or wouldn't spend a-plenty, though. I'd love to go traveling and I'm sure I'd find stuff to buy as I went around the globe, and with that kind of money a little impulse buying won't kill me. Although, since I could afford to hire an outstanding hitman, it might kill someone else.

Hmm...maybe I'd see if I could become a minority owner of a team in each of the four major pro sports leagues...

(and to those that would point out that the actual cash value of the Powerball jackpot taken in lump sum after taxes is only around 75M, I say "Lemme dream. You STFU.")

2 comments:

Jason said...

I think I could find something to do with $75 million. Maybe I'd even buy Decipher. That'd leave me with $74.99 million.

Anonymous said...

I'd pay them in Fan Dollars.