Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This is the men's restroom, right?

It's no secret that women frequently go to the restroom in pairs, packs, and various other-sized groupings. Goodness knows what goes on in there...chatting about their boyfriends/dates, discussing the latest fashion trends, arguing over Brad vs. Orlando vs. whoever else happens to be the Hollywood flavor of the month...frankly, I don't give a damn what they do in there. I can confidently guess, though, that whatever it is, guys don't do it. Bathrooms were created for a reason. Guys use them for that reason. They're not gathering places. They're restrooms. We use them and leave....most of us, at least. I've come to find out that there's at least two guys at work that don't necessarily adhere to this philosophy as they've each repeatedly tried to start up conversations with me while I'm in the restroom. I've gotta say that I'm not really comfortable with this. I can think of nothing so important at work that can't wait to be said until I'm out of the restroom and available for a meeting, email, brainstorming session, phone call, or really anything other than a impromptu bathroom chat. I mean, can't you wait to ask me about reversing that fee or reviewing an account closure procedure until I'm done zipping up my pants? WTF? How 'bout you be a guy, leave me alone, and leave me a post-it note or message instead.

1 comment:

Starfire said...

FYI - talking in the restroom is a big no no at work. The only time its okay to talk in there is if you are out on the town.