Sunday, October 09, 2005

Insert Primal Grunts

This weekend was man weekend.

It started with finishing a hard day at work, then coming home to eat double-pepperoni pizza. Meat. Meat is good. I like pepperoni pizza. The next morning started much how the previous night ended - with pizza for breakfast.

We then move on to football (worst weekend so far...my teams went 1-7 [OU was my serrogate team this weekend - I wanted them to beat Texas since Tx beat Ohio State earlier]). My teams lose, but I'm doing nothing but sitting in my shorts, watching football, and being lazy. Football is good. I like football.

I then go and pick up an old roommate of mine to go see Serenity. For those that don't know what Serenity is, click on the link then go see the movie. For those that know what it is and haven't seen it yet, WTF are you waiting for??? As for it fitting into the man weekend, what's not to like about explosions, assasins, hot chicks that kick ass and openly admit that they enjoy a physical relationship, and deep blue space cowboy story? It's like John Wayne meets Matrix meets Star Trek. Fun stuff. Space Cowboy movies are good. I like space cowboy movies.

From there, I travel to poker night where we have wings, chips, beer, and other people's money. Needless to say (well, it *should* go without saying, but just in case you don't know me well enough to figure it out), I took them all, particularly during one hand of 7 card stud where I had four natural queens with an 8 kicker (yeah, kicker...like I could even use it). Wings, chips, beer, and other people's money are good. I like wings, chips, and beer. I REALLY like other people's money!

I woke up today and turned out the telly to watch some NFL action in HD on the big screen. Good times. After the early games were over I went to play some cards with another friend in the area, then returned home for barbequed meat...some burgers and salmon fillet. Barbequed beef is good. I like barbequed beef.

This was a good weekend! Nothing to complain about, lots of fun. Hope yours was just as enjoyable!

2 comments:

Hayden said...

I echo your sentiments about Serenity. As for poker. I *don't* think it goes without saying that you would take everyone's money at poker. I seem to recall my taking your money at Origins. Thus, I naturally assumed you were a scrub. :)

Unknown said...

Yes, Hayden, you bested me that night. That much is true. What can I say? I got caught with a dangerous hand...you're my poker kryptonite!