Wednesday, January 25, 2006

LOST

Whatever you do, don't lose your cellphone. Evar.

The good news is no account numbers or terribly sensitive personal info was in there, and I got my phone number suspended quickly. I also have that phone replacement insurance so I only have to pay a $50 "deductible" vs. a $225 new phone.

The bad news is that I lose my contacts list, I have to wait until Friday to get my phone back, and I was going to be getting a new phone in March anyway. So now I have to pay $50 for a phone I don't really want, then pay a couple hundred later for a phone I actually want. Plus I have to call and file a police report just because the insurance place needs a report number - and you wonder where our tax dollars are going to. Yup, that's right. It's paying the cop to sit his ass down and take my report so I can get a name and number to get a new freakin' phone that I don't really want in the first place.

Damn, do I love bureaucracy. You'd think that I might start getting used to it now that I've been in management for a while...but no. It's still just a bunch of litigious crap and I hate it as much as I always have.

No comments: