Monday, November 14, 2005

Another world

Right now it seems like WoW, City of Heroes, and Guildwars are the big MMOs with DDO looming in the near future. I might play DDO (emphasis on might - my graphics card might need upgrading for better detail/refresh rate). I was never a Warcraft fan, though, nor a big superhero guy. And by the time Guildwars came out I was already hooked into Ragnarok, a quirky little anime MMO that's lo-tech and all kinds of fun. While it doesn't have a lot of the eye candy, it's definitely another world, and a very large and detailed one at that. You can even get married, if that's your thing (don't get weirded out - there are gameplay reasons to do this), and even go on a honeymoon! A buddy of mine did this once and the wedding presents he got were sick...they received almost 100M worth of gear (a good, moderately upgraded and customized weapon would cost 500k-1M)!

Right now I'm building a monk, but to do so you have to be a little healing guy first so it's rough/slow goings to start out. The cool thing is that by the time I get finished I'll be beatstick that can heal and buff itself severely with access to every type of attack. The bad thing is that until that time I can't hardly wear armor and I have to heal myself after each monster I beat. I can solo, but if I get aggro'd (or if a f'n newb runs a swarm to me) then I have to warp away. That's neet.

One day I'll post screenshots of my monk. Until then, if any of you have a spare Whisper card, can I have it? ;-)

No comments: